A new approach to poster presentations
The Scientific Program Committee decided to use a new approach for poster presentations and wanted to move beyond a vision of traditional posters on boards and e-Posters as an electronic PDF version.
Therefore, all posters will be presented as an interactive e-Poster using a platform called ‘Learning Toolbox’. The platform allows presenters to include a wide range of multimedia and interactive material in their e-Poster including videos, surveys, presentations, web links and even apps. No paper posters will be accepted for this conference.
Download the e-Posters presentation guidelines here.
- The e-Posters are created within an online platform that includes webinars and help videos for easy use
- The e-Posters can contain links, images, videos, apps, surveys, presentations and much more, and can be updated at any given time.
- The e-Posters are available to view on an app and a website where viewers can browse and search
- e-Posters can be shared, saved and the Learning Toolbox allows delegates to have discussions that are attached to the e-Poster (viewable by all who interact with that e-Poster) and allows them to send out messages to the e-Poster author. These exchanges can happen before, during & after the conference. Our educational aim is for this extra interactivity to help delegates find and develop groups who have a shared interest in their research topic.
- In addition, so-called mini-posters will be created for each e-Poster that will be printed by the Conference Management and displayed onsite. This helps bridging the physical and the virtual world. We use the mini-poster wall to actually give the e-Posters a high profile (but small footprint) presence in the conference and a very easy way to move from the mini- poster to the e-Posters (each e-Poster has a QR code for easy access)
- The e-Posters are accessible before, during and after the conference, making them a long-term learning resource that could be used by the e-Poster author and those who had an interest in their topic. The ‘Learning Toolbox’ effectively allows conference attendees to mark and take their favourite e-Posters with them on their phone and it allows the e-Poster author to add to and update it following the discussions at the conference.
- e-Posters are browsable, searchable, shareable
- Unlimited content that can be updated anytime
- Message and chat option to encourage engaging discussions
- Mini-poster wall for more exposure and easy access onsite (printed by the conference organizers)
- Available before, during and after the conference
- A sustainable option to reduce the conference’s carbon footprint
- Attendees save costs for printing and transportation
- Abstract Submitters will be contacted by email mid-April 2021 with an invitation to sign up on the e-Poster creation platform
- Sign up and create your e-Poster
- A webinar will be offered to e-Poster presenters in May 2021. The webinar will be recorded to be viewed on demand
- August 10, 2021: Deadline to finalize mini-and e-Poster