Virtual Platform Guide for Presenters
Plenaries – Panels – Clinical Workshops – Symposia
Please read carefully and reach out to [email protected] if you have any questions.
The Virtual Platform used for the conference is OnAIR by EventsAIR. It is web-based and so there is no need to downlaod an app.
Technical Requirements and Top 10 Tips
- Use Google Chrome as your internet browser. If you don’t have Chrome installed on your computer, please do so before the speaker training / conference.
- Make sure you have a stable Internet / Wi-Fi connection. A wired internet connection is recommended!
- Turn off any unused devices that could affect your connectivity.
- Close all unneeded programs, such as Skype, Slack, Outlook, OneDrive, Microsoft Teams etc.
- Use a headset for optimum performance if you can.
- Do not use a VPN connection that might block access to the platform or meeting features.
- Keep your login details handy
- Join your session early for a technical set up check – we kindly ask you to log in 30 min prior to the start.
- Allow your browser access to your microphone and camera!
- Enjoy your presentation!
Logging into the Virtual Platform (click photos to enlarge)
Your login is personalized and cannot be shared. When you first log in you will be asked to confirm your microphone and camera as well as to review your privacy settings. Privacy Settings can be accessed at any time via the profile settings at the top right of the navigation bar. The navigation bar also allows you to contact our live support staff, export your notes and contacts as well as access the FAQ page.
Access to the studio and your session (click photos to enlarge)
All sessions (except from pre-conference workshops) will be managed in the AIRCast Studio – similar to a TV studio.
- Once you are logged in, you will see the Timeline (program) for the event. Find your session and click PREVIEW to join the studio.
- Each session will be managed by a technical support staff. If the studio is not yet launched, simply wait for the host to start the studio and you will be able to join the green room.
- Once the studio is launched click on “Join Green Room” at the bottom left.
4. Confirm your microphone and camera settings on the right. The preview will give you the ideal eyeline. Click OK.
5. Once confirmed, you will be placed into the green room and can speak with the session manager.
6. The session manager will add you to the ‘Preview’ (backstage) from where all content on the ‘Main Stage’ is managed. Your session manager will talk you through the flow of the session, manage all content visible to attendees and mute/unmute your microphone when the session is live.
Your taskbar in the studio
Some more important notes
- Each session will be moderated, so you will be introduced and the moderator will read out the questions from the audience for you to answer. Questions that cannot be answered live, should be answered by you in writing and are accessible on the platform for attendees to review later.
- You won’t be able to see the audience; they are able to communicate questions or comments in writing only.
- The session manager is there to guide you through the flow, help with technical questions and make the session run smoothly.
- Don’t panic if there is a technical hiccup – most of the time those can be easily resolved. And if you lose connection, simply try to re-connect and come back to the studio.