Access to the virtual platform
Login details to the virtual platform will be sent by email a few days prior to the start of the conference.
Technical Requirements and Recommendations
- Make sure you have a good internet connection. Use a wired connection if wifi is not sufficient and make sure there are no other devices connected to the network for optimal video streaming performance.
- Make sure you use a Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser
- Do not use a VPN connection that could potentially block access to the platform or restrict some features
- Test your login prior to the start of the conference to confirm there are no technical issues with accessing the platform. Confirm your computer or other web-enabled devices can access the virtual platform and that your speakers are working correctly.
- Have all unnecessary applications shut down while you attend the conference. Other multimedia puts a strain on your computer and can impact your connection speed.
- If possible attend in a quiet room/space with no distractions. Remove background noise when possible. Turn off fans, devices, and close the door. If you are attending the conference from a shared space where there may be noise or other distractions consider using headphones for a more enjoyable and focused experience.
While the Organizers will do all that is technically possible to provide smooth access to the virtual platform, please note that the Organizers cannot be held responsible for poor or limited internet access on the participants’ side.
Virtual Attendee Policy
It is the attendee’s responsibility to make sure their system complies with the requirements recommended by the Organizer and Venue West Conference Services and test their computers prior to the start of the virtual event. If a technical failure is the fault of the attendee, the attendee still has access to the recordings of the sessions after the conclusion of the event (refunds will not be provided).
If a technical failure is the fault of the service provider and the event is not able to be broadcasted as planned, the Organizer reserves the right to reschedule. If the attendee cannot participate in the rescheduled event live, they will be provided with a link to the recordings after the conclusion of the event, or they may request a prorated refund.
NPAPN and Venue West Conference Services will only use the attendee’s personal information provided during the registration process to host, manage, and analyze attendee traffic and engagement during this virtual event.
During the registration process, the attendee may have chosen to withhold permission to share their data with third parties (e.g. sponsors and exhibitors), however, when participating in a chat, the attendee’s profile picture and name will be shared with the audience to allow them to engage. If the attendee chooses to exchange their virtual business card with another attendee, the attendee agrees to share their data. This also applies when the attendee is meeting with a sponsor or exhibitor.
Only information the attendee has chosen to share on the platform will be made available to other attendees and exhibitors who reach out to set up a meeting or message the attendee directly. The attendee can change their privacy settings anytime by accessing their profile.
Please note that all sessions may be recorded for educational purposes and will capture the presentation content alongside any live questions as well as any written questions and comments.
Virtual Attendee Etiquette
Log in to the sessions early. When possible, join the session and networking breaks 2-5 minutes early so you have time to address any last-minute technical issues and get comfortable prior to the start of the session.
Mute your mic if the lines are open. If the organizer opens the audio lines to let attendees speak during a networking break activity, keep your mic muted whenever you are not speaking. This helps avoid unwanted background noises that can distract other participants.
Be an active participant. You will get the most out of your experience if you actively participate! Network with delegates and sponsors using the chat and connect features, participate in networking and social activities.
Be respectful. Keep your contributions in Q&A, and chats helpful and considerate of the author and other participants. Arguing about or belittling somebody else’s comment is not productive. Instead, you can say that you have a different perspective or different experience, which extends the conversation rather than shutting it down.
Code of Conduct
The Conference is committed to providing a professional, friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for all participants at this meeting, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin or other protected class.
We expect all attendees and speakers to help ensure a safe and positive experience for everyone. Unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated during any portion of a meeting or event.
Unacceptable behaviour includes but is not limited to:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning speech or actions.
- Harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability, or other personal characteristics, including those protected by law.
- Inappropriate disruption of sessions or functions.
Reporting harassment: Report harassment and disruptive behaviours to our staff by emailing [email protected]
Consequences of misconduct may include:
- Immediate removal from event without warning.
- Restrictions from future events.
Taking screenshots, photography, video, or audio recording of oral presentations is prohibited.